Five workers suffered giddiness after inhaling ammonia gas in a shrimp processing and storage plant near Alapadu village in the district on Saturday.
The gas leaked from the processing unit and about six persons, of the 32 employees present in the plant, suffered giddiness. They were rushed to Gudivada Government Hospital and their condition is stated to be stable, said Superintendent of Police M. Ravindranath Babu.
Gudivada Deputy Superintendent of Police M. Satyanandam said that instructions had been given to conduct medical check up for the remaining workers in the plant. A case has been registered and investigation is on, the DSP who visited the spot said.
A letter from the Editor
We have been trying to keep you up-to-date with news that matters to our lives and livelihoods, during these difficult times. To enable wide dissemination of news that is in public interest, we have increased the number of articles that can be read free, and extended free trial periods. However, we have a request for those who can afford to subscribe: please do. As we fight disinformation and misinformation, and keep apace with the happenings, we need to commit greater resources to news gathering operations. We promise to deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.