STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Due to less cars on the road during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, gas prices have dropped significantly.
The average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $2.25 in New York City, according to GasBuddy.com, a crowd-sourcing website where motorists report their findings on the road.
But you can get gas cheeper at some stations on the Island.
Here are the lowest prices at Staten Island stations, as reported to GasBuddy:
- $1.93 a gallon at Costco, 2975 Richmond Ave. in Greenridge;
- $1.95 at the Mobil station at 868 Arthur Kill Road in Eltingville;
- $2.09 a gallon at Citgo at 2000 Victory Blvd., Meiers Corners;
- $2.11 a gallon at BP station at 2071 Victory Blvd. in Meiers Corners
- $2.13 at the Mobil station at 231 Bay St., Tompkinsville.